Through the Years

Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm Baaaaack!

After not painting for 4 months, I'm back in the saddle again! I had to take a bit of a break to deal with things going on in my life...things like a broken knee cap. It was a long recovery but now I'm doing much better.

The story behind this painting is a special one. It's of my dear friend Kristen. I've known her almost 10 years now and have missed her a lot since moving here to Tacky Town about 6 years ago. For the past 4 years or so she has been fighting Inflammatory Breast Cancer. It's a horrible disease that has spred to other parts of her body. I have no idea where she gets her courage and strength to keep up the fight. She truly is the strongest person I know.

Any way, she asked me to do a painting of her a couple months ago. Of course I said yes. It took me a while to come up with what would be in the painting. She loves Americana and the American Flag and of course I wanted to add something about Breast Cancer. It finally came to me one day in the shower and I got to painting and this is what I came up with.


And here is the picture I made the painting from

She and a bunch of her friends and family (hopefully myself included if my schedule permits) will be walking in a Race for the Cure benefit in June (as well as a few others throughout the year). So I made a Tshirt out of the image of the painting and they're available on zazzle.com. Click the link under this post to check them out if you want.

Kristen, your courage and strength inspire me everyday. I thank you for being my friend. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment